2016 Independent Electoral & Boundaries Commission (IEBC) www.iebc.or.ke Kenya
Jobs Recruitment: IEBC Employment Kenya 2016
Job Description: IEBC Voter Registration Assistants Opportunity
Employment Opportunities in IEBC
CAREER VACANCY: VOTER REGISTRATION ASSISTANTS: IEBC
The IEBC offers temporary positions of Voter Registration Assistants (VRAs) to carry out the mass voter registration exercise from February-March, 2016. The exercise will take 30 days and will involve a total of 2,878 officials who will be based at the Ward level. The VRA’s will support the Constituency Registration Officers and Deputy Registration Officers to register new voters.
Requirements: IEBC Voter Registration Assistants vacancy
- The requirements for the Voter Registration Assistants are as follows:
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan
- Be holder of a minimum of Diploma qualifications in ICT or other IT related field.
- Access to an android smart phone and basic operation of the same is an added advantage.
- Should have effective communication skills and good report writing skills
- Must be available for the entire period of voter registration
- Age: 21years and above
- Must be residents in the constituency and ward in which they apply for and must quote the same on the application letter and envelope
Duties of the Voter Registration Assistant
- The Voter Registration Assistant expected to work within a particular ward and perform the following duties:
- Publicize the registration activities and movement of the kit within the ward.
- Opening and Closing the registration Centre at the designated time
- Ensure security of the BVR kit Conduct voter registration
- Report the Registration progress to the Registration Officer
- The Voter Registration Assistant MUST meet the weekly registration targets.
How to Apply: IEBC Voter Registration Assistants vacancy
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should fill the IEBC standard application form available at IEBC offices countrywide and on the Commission’s website: www.iebc.or.ke Fully filled Application Forms should be sent to Regional Elections Coordinators (REC).