Oct 2017 Jhpiego Service Delivery Advisor New Job Vacancy in Kenya
Oct 2017 Jhpiego Service Delivery Advisor Current Job in Kenya
Oct 2017 Jhpiego Service Delivery Advisor Current Vacancy in Kenya
We are seeking to recruit an experienced individual who has excellent organizational and technical skills, is a team player, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Service Delivery Advisor
Job ID: 2017-3005
Category: International Positions
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, the Service Delivery Advisor will be responsible for increasing the utilization of quality RMNCAH/Nutrition services by strengthening health delivery systems and improving the quality of integrated health services in the 4 counties of Kakamega, Kisumu, Kitui and Migori.
With a duty station in Migori County, Advisor also provides technical support to the other three counties and from time to time as may become necessary to MOH at the national level.
This includes preparing annual work plans, quality implementation of interventions and effective coordination of the program with collaborating partners.
Advisor should be knowledgeable on the organization of devolved health services, the functional and organizational structure of county governments in Kenya to allow for a seamless link between service delivery and county capacity for health systems development.
- Provide technical leadership/backstop, coordination and supervision of all RMNCAH activities in 4 focus counties, and to ensure maximum integration of project activities across and within technical areas and counties
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership in development and implementation of annual work plans
- Promote coordination and support for the implementation of all key project activities, with emphasis in ensuring high-quality program implementation at the facility and community levels
- Oversee monitoring visits to project sites, analyze and provide feedback to the Deputy Chief of Party, stakeholders and project partners
- Liaise with county governments on health issues, coordinate, and liaise with other key external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation and communication systems
- Submit timely and accurate program reports that meet donor requirements
- Provide all necessary support to ensure the successful implementation of Project activities, including technical oversight, work planning, budgeting, reconciliation of finances, and reporting
- Advanced degree in medicine, nursing/midwifery, public health or related field
- 7+ years of first-hand experience in implementing RMNCAH/Nutrition projects
- Strong background in management of decentralized/devolved health system in Kenya
- Must have demonstrated significant knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas: RH/FP, MNH, child and adolescent health
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit and not-for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level
- In-depth knowledge of USAID projects, regulations, compliance and reporting. Previous experience with donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communications and presentation skills with professional level oral and written English
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office suite
- Ability to travel to the other project sites as may become necessary
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 1st November 2017.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Please include three references with your application.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply