Mar 2018 Country Sales & Distribution Manager Job Vacancy in Uganda
Job Vacancy: Country Sales & Distribution Manager – Uganda
Role Summary / Purpose:As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for Sales and Distribution function for all brands in the Maxam portfolio in your assigned region using available resources.
Your experience in prospecting, developing opportunities and closing business deals along with your established network in the industry will enable you to reach overall revenue goals and achieve profitable volume of sales at the agreed budget and profit goals.
- Maintain consistent contact and provide sales and services to all customers (Retailers, stockiest/agents) in your assigned region.
- Achieve sales revenue numbers, budget& profit goals for your assigned region.
- Assist in managing monthly/quarterly/annual sales budget and objective within your region.
- Provide feedback to management from/about key customers i.e. retail, stockist/agent
- Ensure regularly scheduled sales calls on all major customers within all regions you are responsible for are being met.
- Attend trade shows/training as requires to benefit the business.
- Understand and utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities and develop sales presentation for assigned region.
- Manage the operations within the assigned region.
Leadership and Management
- Maintain effective structures and performance standards across the span of control.
- Provide direction, set clear vision and strategy for the business
- Provide monthly sales reports, monthly expenses reports and any other assigned reports in a timely manner.
- Setting and allocating of targets to various territories per week, month & annually; Execute the sales volume numbers, trade spending objectives and any other goals in the assigned region.
- Identify and track all industry trend and issues and make recommendations on growth opportunities, stockists changes, segment variations, expedient/appropriate action plan.
- Absorb information from syndicated data, to be able to assess market conditions and identify areas of improvement.
- Utilizing information from data analysis, coupled with information on the brands, promotion, budgets and objectives assist supply chain develop forecast by item/by account/by week/by month
- Understand what the budgetary goals of the company are and work with allotted scope with regard to trade spending when developing sales programs to drive incremental volume or new distribution.
- Must monitor business conditions and be able to keep expenditures in line with volume.
- Assist in managing your regional budget by SKU and trade spending for all brands.
Results Tracking & Management
- Implement route maps in assigned region, endure daily, weekly, monthly analysis is done to ensure these are being followed and take corrective action where necessary.
- Implement journey plans across assigned region & ensure optimum routing at all times
- Regular contact with retailers and stockists to ensure a seamless continuity of efforts.
- Track and report all completion activity
- Set SMART objectives for the sales department with specific programs, procedures and standards for achieving them
- Educate them on the unique selling points of our products, budgetary constraints and how to most effectively merchandise the products where applicable
- Convey all company directives, objectives and philosophies.
- Motivate, monitor and work with the sales force in training sessions, market tours, store sets/rests, sales calls and activities.
- Measure and record the actual performance through quarterly appraisals for the tam and take corrective measure.
- With the assistance of HR ensure all sales slots are filled within 14 days of being vacant.
- Training and up skilling of the sales force, upgrading and developing the skills of the sales force through continuous relevant training.
- Perform market audits to ascertain our distribution and competitive status –give monthly report
- Understand what the local selling environments are for our category products.
- Recommend and/or participate in store sets/resets and build relationship at store level.
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementation of sales programs.
- Develop effective presentations that outline current market conditions, market trends,
- Customer needs and our competitive advantages.
- Utilize data analysis, store audits and any other relevant information that can be gleaned from broker/distributor reps, store personnel or industry peers.
- Provide administrative leadership for all operations within the region and give management a weekly & monthly overview report.
Any other duties
- To undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree and five year of experience in distribution and sales of branded products
- Computer experience(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Effective oral and written communications
- Ability to multitask, research and analyze different broker distribution and retail situations
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the company
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively
- This position requires the candidate to work as part of the sales team. Team work, excellent business acumen and independent judgement is required.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and annual quota
- Create and maintain pipeline of 3X quota over a rolling 6 month period
- Quickly qualify opportunities and key strategic position for each new prospect
- Build and maintain relationships at the “C” and “VP” level of the defined target markets
- Demonstrate a solid approach to the sales process with creativity and vision
- Continue to develop your knowledge of the retail market and the products that the Company provides.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Country Sales & Distribution Manager on the Subject line.