Job Vacancy: Program Coordinator – Shujaaz
Well Told Story is looking to hire a project coordinator to coordinate the delivery of all their Shujaaz programs in Kenya.
This is an exciting role for someone who wants to pursue a career in project management and desires to work with a dynamic, energetic and creative team.
Well Told Story produces the award-winning media communications channel Shujaaz. Shujaaz inspires and motivates millions of young Kenyans to take action to improve their lives and engage with urgent practical issues that shape their future.
- Provide administrative support to the ‘Head of Programming’, to ensure timely and efficient delivery of multi-million $ youth programmes across all of Shujaaz media platforms
- Create detailed, effective work-plans for each contract and ensure they are updated consistently
- Work closely with program teams to ensure activities take place as per the work-plans
- Prepare for donor visits by organizing logistics and creating materials / presentations
- Regularly update the Program Teams and the Head of Departments on progress against activity plans
- Regularly problem-solve and re-strategize around issues arising
- Support the ‘Head of Programs’ on report writing, content gathering, data-base management
- Represent WTS externally including in government meetings as required
- Ensure all relevant departments / staff are appraised on client/contract/grant matters and obligations
- Extract relevant information from partner correspondence and communicate with relevant teams accordingly
- Follow up on actions raised by partners at meetings with relevant staff
- Ensure actions are taken by relevant teams for timely feedback to client
- Maintain up to date databases for all project schedules, deliverables/milestones
Education: Educated to Degree level (graduate degree preferable).
- You have strong organizing and administrative skills
- You are confident using excel and other database tools
- You must have good interpersonal skills and excellent at client-facing interactions
- PMP/PRINCE II certification is an added advantage
- Exceptionally organised
- Pay great attention to detail
- Self-motivated & disciplined
Please send us an email with the title Programme Coordinator to email@example.com with the following information:-
- A covering letter
- Your updated CV
We look forward to hearing from you.
Note that due to the number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is 23rd March 2018.