General Manager Career Vacancy in Kenya Nov 2017
Job vacancy: General manager Employment Nairobi Kenya 2017
Job Description: Today Work Kenya
General Manager Marketing Jobs at Duma Works
Duma Works is recruiting a General Manager for our client; a leading research company in Nairobi.
The General manager is a local, regional and international business strategist who combines an element of commercial acumen and innovative business solutions with the affinity for people, partnerships, innovations and profit to propel the organization forward. If this is descriptive of you, then this role will suit you!
- You are completely responsible for the operations in the Agency and our alternative locations.
- You’ll effectively manage client relationships.
- You’re responsible for all Agency functions such as planning, business development, client strategy and direction, research and experiential marketing, production, digital, HR, finance and legal.
- You’ll galvanize Agency team to do good work; that we are proud of and that solves the clients problems.
General Manager Marketing Job Responsibilities
- Grow the company’s bottom line by instituting internal and external measures that will harness growth opportunities.
- Lead staff to accomplish set out targets to facilitate business growth and client retention.
- Leverage innovation by introducing new methodologies, tools and processes.
Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Charting annual focus areas in collaboration with the CEO and Board and translating these goals into annual financial forecast plans to ensure continuity of business growth.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance against market conditions and set targets.
- Oversee company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Strategic client engagement to nurture senior level relationships on a day-to-day basis to position TGC as a valued, trusted partner resulting in business growth.
- Understanding client’s strategic goals and employing creative thought in company’s approach to ensure quality, innovative and relevant output.
- Transform “economically challenged” client relationships into profitable, sustainable partnerships
- Increase the team’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, counseling, and disciplining staff.
- Provide capacity-building in required areas to ensure various teams are operating at optimal level. This includes effecting coaching and educational opportunities, inculcating company culture/values and compliance to company policies.
- Implementing departmental reporting mechanisms on KPI’s and instituting measures for periodic reviews alongside relevant parties and building in reward mechanisms.
- Overseeing the completion of projects excellently, whilst leveraging new and existing process to enhance quality and profitable outputs.
- Troubleshooting departmental challenges and providing strategic, creative solutions in everyday work environment. 3.Exemplify strategic level thinking in project direction, implementation and review of project outcomes.
Qualifications for the General Manager Marketing Job
- At least a bachelors degree in the relevant fields of business management, advertising, marketing research and communication.
- Proven experience in effectively delivering high performing teams.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to motivate people, resolve conflicts and make decisions for your team members.
- Effective stakeholder engagement skills.
- Time Management: Essential to make sure everything done.
- Math and Budgeting: Employ your math skills to ensure you know where your company’s money is going.
- Analytical Critical Thinking Skills: You’ll need to be a good judge of character to employ the right team members and maintain an efficient, motivated team as well as solve problems arising on day-to-day basis. You’ll need to provoke thought, initiate innovation, pitch for and deliver quality projects.
- Decision-Making Skills: The buck stops with you; whilst dealing with employees, vendors, partners or clients, you have to make decisions that affect the company. Making hard and fast deacons is crucial to your success.
- Speaking and writing: From negotiations, high level discussions, pitches, presentations to reporting and recommendations, great communications and writing skills will help you in any of these scenarios.
- Demonstrated experience in Advertising, Sales, Business Administration or Project Management will add value to your application.
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “3108”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3108 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 17 November 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.