Jan 2017 International NGO Deputy Director (Procurement & Logistics) Job Opportunity in Nairobi Kenya
Jan 2017 International NGO Deputy Director (Procurement & Logistics) New Job in Nairobi Kenya
Jan 2017 International NGO Deputy Director (Procurement & Logistics) Career Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Deputy Director – Procurement & Logistics
Our Client, an international NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to the world’s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Deputy Director Procurement & Logistics.
The successful candidate is expected to provide support to the Logistics and Procurement team to ensure cost effectiveness, compliance, high quality and timely delivery of all procurement and logistics services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leadership of a team providing all procurement, logistics and inventory support to the whole programme
- Development, implementation and oversight of all supply chain systems and practice
- Development of systems for assets and logs management
- Develops and reviews departmental budget to ensure no over expenditure
- Determine best methods of purchase, utilizing new systems technologies as appropriate.
- Work with internal teams and suppliers to ensure compliance to policies and procedures
- Periodically re-assess supply risks and develop corresponding mitigation plans.
- Planning and import coordination
- Follows up with project teams to ensure project implementation within agreed timelines and costs
- Understand and keep abreast with new procurement trends, report to management and develop corresponding changes in procurement policies and practices.
- Negotiate supply contracts that conform to the organization policies, seek the best package in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery, and added services.
- Guides the warehouse teams on inventory management to ensure JIT and nil stock outs
- Manage suppliers, prequalification and source audits giving recommendation for action on none performing suppliers
- Manage supplier contracts and ensure adherence to terms and conditions for contract
- Coordinate disposal / resale of equipment / items no longer needed.
- Research, identify design and implement tools, systems and best practices to achieve continuous improvement goals
- Manage all import logistics and coordination with clearing agent and GP&L
- Undertake procurement planning and review/update of progress
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis for challenges and implement agreed action plans
- Reviews/Approves procurement Purchase Order as per thresholds and ensures no errors on Purchase Orders
- Controls spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Prepare and circulate P&L monthly performance report with reasons for deficiency and action plans to avoid repeat
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration (with Procurement Option)
- Master of Science in Procurement and Logistics and CIPS qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Agent, or Buyer
- Knowledge of local supplier base and local laws and regulations.
- Professional qualification in Purchasing Management, Logistics, Supply Chain management or contract law
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 20th January, 2017.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel Ltd does not charge candidates for job placement.