Jan 2018 Job Position Olivado EPZ Quality Control Assistant Kenya
Olivado EPZ Limited is an agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and also export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers.
We are looking for a qualified Quality Control Assistant who will be engaged on a contract basis.
The ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications and be ready for the specified tasks.
- A Diploma / Degree in Agriculture / Horticulture / Food Science or related discipline.
- At least 1 year working experience in quality management in a food industry.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, BRC, FSSC, ISO 22000-2005, GG and other food management systems.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on daily tasks, keen and articulate on details.
- Experience in avocado packaging will be an added advantage.
- Checking the efficiency of the mass size sorting machine and the weight of the packed cartons.
- Ensuring that the daily intake, rejects and waste register is completed.
- Conduct sampling as per protocol for avocado shipping sample testing.
- Complete the shipping sample book.
- Randomly verify carton weights and complete the packing random weight check form.
- Verify the output from the random mass size sorters and complete Mass size sorter form.
- Regularly determine the plant operating capacity.
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application together with scanned copies of qualification certificates and testimonials to email@example.com before 29th January 2018.