Kenya Wildlife Service Special Recruitment of Rangers today
Special Recruitment of Rangers
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya as provided for under the Wildlife Conservation and Management Act, 2013.
KWS wishes to recruit Rangers for training and deployment in various conservation areas in response to the wildlife security challenges currently being experienced in the country.
The recruitment will be conducted at the National Youth Service (NYS) Headquarters, Ruaraka, Nairobi from 14th up to 17th April 2014 and as advised by the Government, will only be for NYS men and women who have completed basic training and are currently on nation building duties and meet the recruitment criteria below:-
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Aged- between 18 and 25 years
- Minimum KCSE mean grade “D -” (Minus)
- Be physically and medically fit in accordance with the KWS standards
- Must have no criminal record
- Candidates must be in possession of Original Certificates, National ID Card/Passport and NYS Service Card.
- Candidates must turn up in appropriate running gear
It should also be noted as follows:-
- The recruitment will be conducted only at the NYS Headquarters, Ruaraka, Nairobi by a team of KWS officers appointed by the Ag. Director General, KWS and issued with special identification cards.
- The recruitment will be conducted based on the representation of forty seven (47) counties and the number of candidates to be recruited from each county will be openly announced before commencement of the exercise. The available slots will be distributed within the county and filled through competitive criteria to be announced by the recruiting team on the ground.
- The recruitment exercise will be conducted openly step by step from the beginning to the end and the successful candidates will be paraded and openly issued with the recruitment cards.
- Any person presenting themselves for recruitment purposes with fake/falsified identity cards, academic certificates or caught engaging in any corrupt activity shall be arrested and prosecuted.
- The recruitment exercise is absolutely FREE OF CHARGE and Kenya Wildlife Service will not be responsible for any recruitment conducted outside guidelines stated herein.
The exercise will be carried out as per the program indicated here below:-
William K. Kiprono, MBS
Ag. Director General
Ag. Director General