Mar 2018 Accountant (Quarry Mining) Job Vacancy in Lavington Nairobi
Job Vacancy: Accountant (Quarry Mining)
Location: Lavington, Nairobi
Reports to: Finance Director
Role: This position holder will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Update and manage accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Prepare/ update statement of accounts as and when needed for all clients
- Prepare and manage an aged debtors schedule
- Active debt collection
- Perform bank reconciliations of all daily sales based on the sales summary sent by site clerk.
- Manage all company bank accounts, perform daily reconciliations and access all accounts via online banking
- Update and manage accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Prioritize payments based on funds available
- Keep updated statement of accounts for all service provides/ suppliers
- Prepare and manage aged payables schedule
- Preparation and execution of payroll and statutory deductions
- Prepare daily requisitions for funding
- Manage control accounts for fuel
- Keep track of all fixed payables (rent, utilities etc.)
- Prepare and update cash flow and send to management by close of business to guide decision making
- Inform decision making by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Manage all loan repayments
- Prepare loan repayment schedule
- Ensure tax returns are prepared and filed correctly and on time.
- Analyze budgets and other financial information and advise where savings could be made.
- Prepare and assist with annual audits
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Secure financial information by completing data base backup.
- Maintain financial security by following and recommending internal controls.
- Maintain an impeccable book keeping/filing system for all accounting documents
- Create a good rapport with all clients
- Build a good working relationship with all service providers/ suppliers
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting, Finance and
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation
- Prior experience providing financial advice to Management
- CPA or ACCA accredited
- Proficiency in Quickbooks
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 29th March 2018
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.