Mar 2018 Commercial Heads / Managers Current Jobs in Kenya
Mar 2018 Commercial Heads / Managers Jobs Vacancy in Kenya
Job Title: Commercial Head / Manager
Reports To: Chief Commercial Officer
No. of positions: 5
Main Purpose of the Job:Responsible for driving development and execution of a commercial strategy and development of the company. The responsibilities for the role will involve developing the commercial aspect of specific categories to increase sales and profitability.
The job holder will research and present commercial business case studies to CCO, and then be responsible for their implementation.
1. Proactively develop and implement a strategy for the category, cooperating closely with the category team, that delivers sales and profit growth. Key attributes of this will involve developing a deep understanding of the category and the role it plays in the supermarket, analyzing company and external data, understanding customer needs and trends, and continuously identifying ways in which company can serve its customers better. Aspects of this include
a. Product assortment
c. Placement and merchandising
2. A commercial head is in charge of the procurement management for his category. This entails dealing with suppliers in ensuring that the goods are purchased for distribution. In this capacity, he negotiates for the best possible prices with suppliers (including promotions and other activations).
3. The commercial head is responsible for inventory management, to ensure that the company has the right level of stocks to ensure these are available for purchase by customers without the company being over stocked.
4. Work closely with the category team and store management to ensure that category plans are implemented and monitored
5. Continuously explore ways for the company to innovate and stay on top of category trends
6. Produce and present business cases for new commercial projects with a detailed assessment of the return on investment (i.e. analysis of income and expenditure)
7. Using the company’s internal data such as transactions, loyalty card etc, and where relevant commissioning external data (e.g. consumer research) to strengthen the company’s knowledge of the category and the customer base and to use this information to develop new ideas.
8. Work closely with the category and marketing teams to drive category growth
9. Develop the company’s relationships with key suppliers to continuously improve Company positioning in the category
10. The individual will be accountable for the sales and profits of the category
Key performance indicators
1. Revenue growth
2. Gross margin (%) and gross margin growth
3. Stock availability
4. Customer satisfaction (as measured through a variety of metrics, such as category penetration, surveys etc)5.
- Store managers
- Data aggregators (e.g. AC Nielsen)
- Category experts
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in sales and marketing or related field.
Job Skills & Personal Attributes
- Procurement strategy
- Strategic thinking skills
- Contract Management
- Outstanding sales management skill
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to be hands-on as well strategic
- Excellence communications
- Public relations skills
- Team player
- Set Direction
- Create Edge
- Drive Results
- Liberate Potential
- Recognize & Celebrate Success
- Focus on must-wins.
- 2-5 years of progressively more responsible positions in commercial/procurement, preferably in a similar industry and in a high-growth business
- Professional qualification and membership of CIPS or other relevant Chartered Institute
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Commercial Heads on the Subject line.