Job Vacancy: Brand Manager – International Alcohol Brand (Vodka)
The Brand Manager reports directly to the distributor’s Commercial & Business Development Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- University graduate with a recognized degree in the business related field.
- English, Swahili
- At least 3 year commercial or marketing experience in the business of beverages or FMCG
- Experience dealing with the on-trade universe and with wholesalers and distributors
- Strong sensitivity to the premium wines and spirits universe
- Computer literate
- Budget management skills and proficiency
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- SAP / EPR system knowledge is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to embody the Brands in “public events”
- Team player, builds effective relationships up, down and across the organization
- Extrovert and like night life, like going out in on trade outlets (restaurants, bars, lounge, mainstream and high end outlets)
6 Key Competences: action-oriented, drive for results, customer focus, strategic agility, creativity, learning on the fly
- Implement and execute strategies to develop in Kenya and achieve the volume, profitability objectives and strengthening the image of brands.
- Define on-trade commercial and marketing plan. Manage plan implementation coordinating with the sales team and suppliers / external agencies (events, press, media planning, sponsoring, etc.).
- Provide continuous support to on-trade clients for all sales and marketing functions. Create records and keep up to date the new accounts on trade and work with the Business Development Manager on implementing Global brand plans.
- Support the sales team by giving them product training, developing programs and promotions tailored to their needs and helping them set up programs with on-trade customers
- Plan and monitor the brands’ promotion budgets to ensure that investments are focused on the relay of relevant growth
- Analyze the market (consumers, competition, trends) to identify challenge and opportunities for growth
- Write a monthly report defined by the Business Development Manager.
- Be a Brand Ambassador internally and externally: sales force, trade, consumers, public relations agencies, press, etc.
- KPIs : Quantitative : commercial sales target achievement per accounts ; Qualitative : quality of execution & implementation of brand plan in a timely manner
- Ability to work late hours and monitor the brand activations until late nights in mostly bars and clubs.
- Work with appointed Marketing Agency to ensure the right execution of the Brand Plan.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews