To be based at the organization’s headquarters in Nakuru, the Programmes manager will be tasked to manage all FSK’s programmes in livestock, agriculture and social development. The PM will report to the Executive Director (ED) and shall oversee all the Farming Systems Kenya (FSK) programme matters.
Programme Manager Job Qualifications
- Must be a Kenyan citizen.
- Must be 30 years of age and above.
- Born again Christian.
- Excellent and demonstrable fundraising skills.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree in agriculture field from a reputable University. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Appropriate professional experience in a management position (managing all business aspects) preferably within the NGO environment.
- Excellent information technology skills.
- Strong programme management skills.
- Ability to supervise staff below him/her.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills.
- Experience in representing organizations and interacting with the media and community.
- A good understanding of communities and people in the development sector.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- An experience in working in animal welfare sector will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities For The Programme Manager Job
- You will in a strategic way lead FSK in designing new projects and project areas.
- You will co-ordinate all the heads of departments in undertaking fundraising for the programmes of Farming Systems Kenya.
- You will undertake fundraising for new and existing programmes of FSK.
- You will ensure that the monthly plan and schedule preceded by evaluation of the previous month’s activities are objectively designed and released before the current month’s activities begin.
- You will ensure that a detailed implementation plan containing the targets and budgetary Projection for the year is developed by the end of November of each year.
- You will ensure that the Heads of departments compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports for their branches in the format that meets the requirements of both FSK and the respective development partners.
- You will also coordinate the compilation of the specific periodic donor reports and ensure they are prepared on schedule.
- You will ensure that any staff involved in project will compile and document reports which can be shared in national, regional and international workshops.
- You will prepare weekly field budgets and ensure prudent and efficient management of the same.
- You will keep track of Motor vehicle/Cycle/Tractor repairs and regular service and ensure that the appropriate repair/service is carried out on schedule.
- You will however be required to consult with the head of finance department before the repair documents are submitted to the ED or his appointee who must authorize all repairs.
- You will also assist the drivers to settle issues that may arise from accidents according to the laid down procedure.
- You will back up staff team members in running donkey welfare activities.
- Together with the officers carrying out projects, you will be expected to ensure that projects outputs for every project are achieved as per the proposal document and subsequent adjustments that may be made.
- You will also coordinate the FSK construction activities.
- You will chair the technical departmental meetings where the Programmes Coordinator will be the secretary.
- You will also ensure that the heads of programmes departments conduct their departmental meetings routinely to discuss branch affairs.
- Enforce staff time management.
- Will be called upon to do any other work, as the Executive Director may deem necessary.
How to Apply
Send your application letter, CV and copies of testimonials to: The Executive Director, Farming systems Kenya. P.O Box 2816-20100, Nakuru. You can also email your application to: email@example.com. Deadline for application is 25th January 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.